Wednesday, June 22, 2011

May I Have Your Autograph?

The first two times I visited Disney, I don't remember character autographs being a big deal. By the third trip to WDW we noticed the autograph books in the gift shops, and my parents picked up two, one for me and one for my brother.

The book cover - with original WDW logo
We weren't obsessive about the ordeal. I don't remember my parents religiously checking character appearance schedules and hounding character attendants and other cast members. So let's see what is inside.



Penned in by mommy - I am not girly enough to cross my own J's or dot my i's with hearts

The big cheese, signed with a star of course
Winnie the Pooh

It's Little Wooden Boy! I mean Pinocchio.
Jiminey Cricket

Eeyore
Liverlips

Shaker Bear
Wendell rounds out the Country Bears trio
Mayor Weaver - my only non-fur autograph
I accidentally gave Minnie my book upside-down to sign! I didn't forgive myself for years

Goofy has the most artistic autograph

Wait, maybe Pluto does. Dogs are obviously good at drawing
So that's all the autographs I accumulated through one vacation to Walt Disney World. Not a lot by collector's standards. Personally I want to get Donald's autograph, so that my Fab Five collection will be complete. Minnie was my favorite of the Fab Five when I was a child (which is why I was so mad at myself when I realized I gave her my book upside-down) but today Donald holds that spot. Maybe because his voice reminds me of my own pet birds and their odd little squeaks. I also love Mary Poppins and really want her autograph too (maybe Bert and the penguins won't mind signing either?) Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment